Information & Registration
Who Should Be Baptized
What Baptism Symbolizes
Baptism is a way of showing others that you have entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ. It symbolizes what took place in your heart at the time of salvation:
- Accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Shared in His death and resurrection, illustrated by going under the water (dead to your old life), then rising again (new life).
- Were symbolically washed clean, and sins were forgiven by His death on the cross.
Because Jesus instructed us to be baptized, baptism is an act of obedience. While it is not necessary for salvation, it demonstrates submission to God. We immerse at Capital City Church because we believe Scripture shows that Jesus modeled that for us as the way to publicly acknowledge our faith in Him.
Some denominations choose to christen infants. While we recognize the right of other churches to practice infant christening, we understand Scripture to teach that only professing believers qualify for baptism. Baptism does not make you a believer, rather it shows that you already believe.
The Baptism Process
The baptism process at Capital City Church has been designed to be both simple and meaningful. From the registration form to the baptism itself, each step has been carefully planned with you in mind:
- Complete the Baptism Registration Form on page three. Once we receive your registration form, we will contact you with some more details.
- At CapCity, we love to hear people’s stories before they get baptized. Learn more about how to share your story on the next page.
- You have made a great decision. Remember that your story, and step of obedience will encourage & inspire the whole church greatly.
Sharing Your Story